Civitas EU Conference 2009
‘2009: a pivotal year for the EU?’
- Date: Thursday 12th March 2009
- Time: 10.00am – 3.30pm
- Venue: The Emmanuel Centre, Westminster
- Tickets: £8 / head (1 teacher free per 10 students)
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
The conference provided a day-long programme of insightful lectures and engaging debates on the current EU issues from a host of high-profile participants in the EU argument. It was a great opportunity for students to hear cutting-edge arguments from both sides of the EU debate relating to AS and A-level curricula. The conference was designed to be of direct relevance to Politics, Economics and Business Studies curricula and students were able to ask questions following each presentation.
Speakers at previous conferences have included, Tony Benn, Kenneth Clarke QC MP, Sir Martin Jacomb, Lord Willougby de Broke, John Peet (Europe editor a The Economist) and representatives of the European Movement.
The exciting programme of lectures for 2009 included:
– The EU: a unique political model.
– European economics – Can the EU help avoid financial turmoil?
– EU law: a help or hindrance to business?
– Interactive panel discussion with prospective MEPs: 2009 European Parliament election
– Debate: Do we need a referendum on the Lisbon Treaty?
Please click on the relevant links below to view the conference documents:
For further information please email email@example.com or call 020 7799 6677.