The fundamental purpose of the EU Education Project is to deepen public understanding of the EU institutions that govern us and to promote political awareness and debate about the EU among students. We believe the EU should be taught objectively; that students should be presented with the facts, arguments both for and against the EU, and allowed to form their own opinions. To this end we offer the following services for FREE, to assist both teachers and students:
- EU Conference: fourth annual conference with insightful lectures and engaging debates for all those studying the EU.
- EU Facts: a series of balanced and comprehensive factsheets on the European Union tailored to A-level curricula.
- EU Worksheets: EU Facts' complementary worksheets containing questions and activities to test students' knowledge of the EU.
- EU Talks: a nationwide network of MPs, MEPs, business leaders, journalists and activists willing to give talks on the EU in schools.
- EU Debates: debates on the EU in schools between pro-EU and EU-sceptic advocates (in conjunction with Europe Direct).
- Compare the EU today with the Europe described in the official government publication for the 1975 referendum.
We also offer low-cost publications on the EU at our ONLINE BOOKSHOP.
If you are a teacher in a UK school,
click here to request free copies of 'Does Marriage Matter?'