We are very proud of the high standard of teachers at Civitas Schools. Each school has at least one maths teacher and one English teacher. Many also have a support teacher. Some of our larger schools have many more teachers.
Click here to see the profiles of some of our teachers.
The following is an outline of the responsibilities of teachers at Civitas Schools:
- Planning and delivering high-quality, traditional lessons;
- Setting homework each week to reinforce what has been covered in lessons;
- Setting regular tests and recording results;
- Marking work;
- Writing end-of-term reports for each child and talking to parents about their child’s progress;
- Assisting with class outings;
- Providing updates for the director and education advisor;
- Following child protection and health and safety procedures;
- Other miscellaneous tasks.
Our term dates run loosely in line with mainstream school dates. Terms are normally eleven or twelve weeks long, with a break for half term in the middle. We expect teachers to make a full commitment to the weekly sessions.
Remuneration is between £16 and £28 per hour dependent upon the applicant's experience and the specific role.
Successful applicants will have experience of teaching but do not need to be qualified teachers. They will have an excellent academic record and a full appreciation of the topics we focus on in the Civitas Schools. Applicants should demonstrate a genuine interest in educational issues and an awareness of different teaching methods and ideas.
Applicants are asked to email a covering letter and CV to Michele Ledda, the Director (email@example.com) or to the relevant regional co-ordinator. Please state in your covering letter if you would like to work in a particular location or at a particular time.
Candidates who are taken forward to the second round are asked to design a lesson plan for a given topic. The final round is an interview with the Director or relevant regional co-ordinator.
Currently, we are particularly looking for teachers who are available from September 2015 on weekday evenings and/or Saturdays during the day in London. Applicants must be able to commit to teaching for at least one year.
Please contact us if you are interested.